Sunday, April 12, 2009

16 Already

Well, Mason is now 16. How the time flies. I remember like it was yesterday (yet a lifetime ago) when he was such a tiny baby curled up in the Lazy Boy recliner with me. Where did the time go?
As parents there have been many years of pride, joy, accomplishments, tears, frustrations and worries. We've watched him grow from baby to boy to teenager. Along the way there have been tears of sadness, tears of joy, moments of great fustration and moments of heart pounding pride. I know we have raised a fine young man and we're lucky to have him as our son, and Travis is thrilled to label him "World's Best Big Brother". Happy birthday Mason.

2 comments:

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Seriously. 16? Are you kidding me? Whew! Where does the time go?! Watch out drivers! :)

Kent and TerriLyn said...

Hey Mase! Happy 16th! I remember the day you were born. I was facing transfers in Winslow, AZ and having a last visit with a ward member who liked to know ALL the latest news. She wanted to know if my sister had had her baby yet. I said I didn't know, so she grabbed the phone and asked "What's the phone number?!" In a few weeks, I got an hour-long video of you with your mom saying sweetly over and over "Roll over, Mason! Mason, roll over! Roll over, Mason!. . .(fast forward). . .Roll over, Mason!" I don't think you ever did. LOL
Enjoy, and be good.

Kids find another friend

Kids find another friend

Kids with Mickey

Kids with Mickey
Fun started at the hotel